Chocolate Peanut Butter cup BreadFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 envelopes active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 18 mini chocolate–peanut butter cups shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 8 mini chocolate–peanut butter cups shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Dough: Mix together warm water and the 2 teaspoons sugar in small bowl to dissolve sugar. Sprinkle with yeast. Let stand until foamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Mix together butter, peanut butter, egg, 2 cups bread flour, the salt and remaining sugar in large bowl. Add yeast mixture. Beat with mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes or until well combined. Stir in 1 cup of the flour or more as needed for dough to come together.
- 3. Transfer dough to work surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes, adding more flour as needed to prevent the dough from sticking. Transfer dough to greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover with clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place until doubled in volume, about 1-3/4 hours.
- 4. Punch dough down. Let rest for 5 minutes. Gently pat, or roll dough into 9-inch square. With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut square into 36 equal squares (6 pieces across each side).
- 5. Filling: Unwrap and cut chocolate–peanut butter cups in half. Taking 1 piece of dough, wrap around a peanut-butter cup half. Pinch together, forming ball that covers cup. Repeat with remaining dough and cup halves. Place balls, smooth side down, in bottom of greased 6-cup Bundt pan or 9-inch round layer-cake pan. Continue lining pan with balls of dough until all pieces are used up and the pan is full.
- 6. Place pan in COLD oven. Turn oven on to 375 degrees F. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden and puffed. Immediately remove bread from pan to wire rack to cool.
- 7. Glaze: Meanwhile, melt 8 mini peanut butter cups in small saucepan over very low heat. Stir in milk until smooth. Drizzle over the bread. To serve, either cut into slices or pull the pieces apart.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Great post, Peeta. Five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
A high 5 yum!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Yummy!!! If you didn't know......I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER!!! Mmmmmm - thanks Peeta!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!