Darbars Fantastic Spicy Turkey ChiliFrom darbar 4 years ago
- 1 lb. ground turkey shopping list
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, diced, or two if you want to shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 14.5 oz. can pinto beans shopping list
- 14.5 oz. can cannellini beans shopping list
- 14.5 oz. can black beans shopping list
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- 16 oz. tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar shopping list
- 8 oz. red wine shopping list
- 2 tbsp. Chipotle Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp. cumin shopping list
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tbsp. dried basil shopping list
- 1 tbsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. hot paprika shopping list
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat; cook onion and garlic until onions are translucent. Add turkey and cook, stirring, until meat is browned. Stir in all other ingredients. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently 60 minutes or more, stirring occasionally, until flavors are well blended.
- Serve with a bowl of diced onions or shredded cheddar cheese and plenty of buttered crackers.
- Note: This is very spicy. If you don’t like it real spicy, cut back on the crushed red pepper, Chipotle Tabasco, and hot paprika. If you already made it and it’s too spicy, peel a couple of potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, and cook them in the chili for 30-45 minutes and then discard them. They will soak up some of the heat.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating7 people
great tasty chili luv the turkeyin place of ground beef thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds wonderful. I really like ground turkey in Chili. Thanks and 5 forks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
Love Tabasco too! Love loads of ingredients too. Excellent recipe! Thanks!
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it