Fall Veggie and Pork Chop CasseroleFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- 3 large onions shopping list
- 1 head (small, about 1 1/2 pounds) green cabbage shopping list
- 8 small (about 1 pound) red potatoes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salad oil shopping list
- 6 smoked pork loin chops, each 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 package (11 ounces) mixed dried fruit shopping list
How to make it
- Cut each onion into quarters. Cut cabbage into 6 wedges. Arrange cabbage and potatoes in shallow 15 1/2- by 10 1/2-inch casserole or roasting pan.
- .In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook onions until golden brown. Remove onions to casserole with cabbage.
- In oil remaining in skillet, cook pork chops, 3 pieces at a time, until lightly browned. Tuck pork chops among vegetables in casserole.
- In same skillet over high heat, heat apple juice, vinegar, pepper, and dried fruit, stirring to loosen any brown bits from bottom.
- Pour apple-juice mixture over pork chops and vegetables. Cover casserole and bake in 375 degrees F. oven 1 to 1 1/4 hours until pork chops and vegetables are fork-tender, basting meat and vegetables with liquid in casserole several times during baking.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating6 people
Sound good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
This looks great. I have to ask a dumb question. Do you have to smoke the pork loin chops , or do they sell them at the market already smoked?
TerryRterryr in Vallejo loved it
Like thishungrybear in Miner loved it