Sweet Potato And Lentil SoupFrom jake 10 years ago
- 1 1/2 c. of dry yellow lentils shopping list
- 1 finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 finely chopped tomato shopping list
- 3 seeded and finely diced fresh jalapeno peppers shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. of water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes sweet potato shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil( divided) shopping list
How to make it
- First rinse lentils under water.
- Now add the lentils, 2 1/2 C. of water and the tumeric in a pot over medium flame. Now let this come to a boil, then lower to a simmer for about 30 min.
- Next put cubed sweet potato in your steam in about 1 in of water.
- You will wan to cover this until they are tender approx. 15 min.
- Then you will want to mash the sweet potato and lentils together(set this aside).
- Now you want to add some oil to a pan over medium flame.
- Saute onions until tender.
- Now you can add in the tomato, jalapenos, salt, and pepper.
- Then you want to cook this for about 3-5 min.
- Finally, add the lentils, vegetables, and potatoes in a large pot over medium flame.
- You can add more water if need/
- This is wonderful served with cilantro.
The Cookjake La Jolla, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!