Taco ChiliFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 2 large carrots, shredded (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% or higher) shopping list
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounce) black eyed peas drained and shopping list
- rinsed shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounce) yellow or white hominy, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chili peppers (optional) shopping list
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, onion and beef and cook, breaking up the large
- pieces, until the meat is no longer pink -- 5 to 7 minutes. Drain
- excess fat.
- Stir in the tomatoes, black eyed peas, hominy, 1 cup water, chili
- peppers if desired, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and bring to
- a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are
- tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream. Serve in individual
- bowls and top with shredded cheese.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
Looks good, It will be tried this winter at my house!
5 forksozsmom in Nepean loved it
I've made this recipe and love it, but never had the black-eyed peas....that sounds really good to me...thanks for a great post!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Love this recipes
have to try ithungrybear in Miner loved it