White Bean and Fennel SoupFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp of oil shopping list
- 5 cups of chicken broth, or vegetable broth if desired shopping list
- 1 can of white cannelini beans drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with the juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of thyme shopping list
- several grinds of black pepper shopping list
- a bay leaf shopping list
- 3 cups of fresh spinach shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in the bottom of a heavy large saucepan.
- Saute onion and fennel for a few minutes.
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes, herbs, pepper.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes until fennel is tender.
- Fish out the bay leaf and discard.
- Add spinach, cook until wilted.
- Serve with a crusty bread and green salad with vinagrette.