Potato DumplingsFrom fishtrippin 4 years ago
How to make it
- Boil potatoes ande mash or run through ricer.
- Measure potatoes and add an equal amount of flour to hot potatoes.
- Add minced onion.
- Work mixture with hands until well blended, yes its hot!
- Form into golf ball sized balls.
- Gently drop balls into salted boiling water.
- Boil covered 10 minutes, uncovered an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Check a dumpling to see if done by cutting in half. Should be firm and not doughy.
- Serve hot with pan drippings from roast or with butter.
- I prefer them the next day sliced and fried like potatoes and served with saurkraut and leftover roast.
The Cookfishtrippin Estelline, SD
The Rating5 people
This is a good recipe for dumplings and made with
potatoes a plus.
5 forks from me.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Try adding a little sour cream. I love potato dumplings,mystic_river11 in loved it
Very goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!