Crunch-top Cherry Cream PieFrom mbeards2 7 years ago
- 1 unbaked, single pie crust for a 9-inch pie. shopping list
- 2 cups of pitted sweet cherries, such as bing cherries shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 T lemon juice shopping list
- 1 t vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ t almond extract shopping list
- 1 14oz can of sweetened, condensed milk shopping list
- 4 oz package of cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- ½ C flour shopping list
- ½ C sugar shopping list
- ¼ C butter shopping list
- 2 T sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is whipped. Mix in the lemon juice, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat in the egg. Then mix in the sweetened condensed milk and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the flour and sugar. Cut in the butter and mix with a pastry fork until crumbly. Stir in the almonds and set the mixture aside.
- Arrange the cherries in the pie crust and then pour the filling mixture over the top of them.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the top of the cherries and cream cheese filling.
- Bake the pie for 35-40 minutes or until the center of pie sets up.
- You can cover the edges of the pie with foil to keep them from getting too brown.
- NOTE: Frozen cherries can be used. Thaw them first and drain them thoroughly before placing them in the pie crust.