Saucy Ham And CabbageFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- 1 cup raw white rice shopping list
- 8 cups chopped cabbage (1 1/4 lb) shopping list
- 3 cups diced carrots (8 oz) shopping list
- 1 cup 1% lowfat milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded onion shopping list
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cheddar cheese soup shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cubed ham (6 oz) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Bring 1 cup water and the rice to boil in a 3-qt saucepan. Stir in cabbage, carrots, 1/2 cup milk and the onion. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until rice and vegetabIes are almost tender.
- 2. Whisk soup, remaining 1/2 cup milk and mustard in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir into saucepan, cover and simmer 5 minutes until rice and vegetables are tender and sauce is creamy. Stir in ham.