KIRK DOUGLAS CHICKEN A LA SUISSEFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- 6 whole medium chicken breasts, boned shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced swiss cheese shopping list
- 8 oz. sliced cooked ham shopping list
- 3 tbls. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 6 tbls. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/ 2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 chicken-flavored bouillon cube shopping list
- 1 tbls. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- parsley sprigs for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken breasts, skin side down, on a work surface and spread out
- flat. Cut cheese and ham slices to fit on top of each. Fold breast over
- filling. Fasten with toothpicks, enclosing filling well. On a flat dish,
- mix flour and paprika; use to coat chicken.
- In a 12 inch skillet, over medium heat, melt butter or margarine. Add
- chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Add wine and bouillon cube.
- Cover and simmer chicken over low heat 30 minutes or until tender. Remove
- chicken to a warm platter. Remove toothpicks and keep chicken warm.
- In a cup, blend cornstarch and cream until smooth. Gradually stir
- cornstarch mixture into liquid in skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until
- thickened. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken. Pour remaining sauce
- in a gravy boat, if desired. Garnish chicken with parsley.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating6 people
Love chicken, and love Swiss cheese! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
MMM MMM great!mystic_river11 in loved it
Wonderful post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it