Inside - Out Chicken Cordon BleuFrom tuilelaith 4 years ago
- 3 tablespoons fig jam shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (about 3 ounces) shopping list
- 8 thin slices black forest ham shopping list
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 cups baby greens shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the jam, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Lay out a long piece of plastic wrap on a cutting board.
- Place the chicken on the plastic and brush half of the jam mixture evenly on top of each breast.
- Mound a quarter of the cheese on each piece of chicken, then wrap 2 slices of ham around each breast to cover the cheese.
- Place another piece of plastic over the chicken and gently pound with a mallet or heavy skillet until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn and cook on the other side until cooked through but still moist, 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the shallot, mustard, vinegar and the remaining jam mixture in a medium bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil to make a smooth dressing.
- Place each piece of chicken on a plate and drizzle with dressing.
- Toss the greens with the remaining dressing; serve with the chicken.
- Per serving: Calories 500; Fat 26 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 124 mg; Sodium 486 mg; Carbohydrate 22 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 46 g
- Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating7 people
Sound very good and get well from that durn cold so you can eat thishungrybear in Miner loved it
~HELLO~'IT' is the 'JAM & Cheese' combo
that create this 'Outstanding "5"FORK!!!!!
"Please~Pretty Please~ with Sugar on top"~
Come to my 'Cottage' and make this for me?!
Thank-you so much for sharing~
I added...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
I love this, and yes get well soon!. high 5 on this recipes and low 5 on the cold!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it