HAWAIIAN SUNSET CAKEFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 package ( 18-1/4 -oz ) White or orange cake mix shopping list
- 1 Package ( 3.4-oz ) instant vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- 1 package ( 3 -oz ) orange gelatin shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 ½ cups milk shopping list
- ½ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 can ( 20-oz ) crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 package ( 10-oz ) flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 cup ( 8-oz ) sour cream shopping list
- 1 carton ( 8-oz ) frozen whipped topping, thawed shopping list
- toasted coconut, Optional shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven at 350.
- 2)In a large mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Pour into three greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans. Bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3)In a bowl, combine the pineapple, sugar, coconut and sour cream. Remove 1 cup to another bowl; set aside. Place one cake on a serving plate; top with a third of the remaining pineapple mixture. Repeat layers twice. Fold whipped topping into the reserved pineapple mixture. Spread over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired. Refrigerate.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
Sounds wonderful Ed. Thanks for the post.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Very very nice Ed!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
very pretty cake... love the filling !! five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it