Arborio Rice Pudding with Rum-Raisin MascarponeFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- Rum-raisin mascarpone shopping list
- 1 cup raisins, packed tightly shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark rum shopping list
- 1 lemon, juice only shopping list
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- Pudding shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- Pinch kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup creme fraiche shopping list
- lemon zest shopping list
How to make it
- 1. To prepare Rum-Raisin Mascarpone, soak raisins in a mixture of the granulated sugar, rum, and lemon juice. Muddle (squash) raisins with a wooden spoon to help them soak and rehydrate a little. Set aside while you prepare the rice pudding.
- 2. Put milk, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean contents, rice, and salt into a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; stirring constantly. Simmer Arborio rice for 20 to 22 minutes, until tender, yet firm (al dente). (The rice mixture should have slightly more liquid than regular risotto.) Remove from heat; stir in creme fraiche.
- 3. Strain the liquid from the raisins; reserve liquid. Combine mascarpone and cream and whisk until light and creamy in a large bowl. Swirl in the strained raisins and drizzle a little of the soaking liquid over top. Garnish rice pudding with lemon zest. Top rice pudding with a generous spoonful of Rum-Raisin Mascarpone. Serve pudding with additional Rum-Raisin Mascarpone on the side.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
Sound very goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Sounds awesome! Having a party in two weeks and this will be on the menu. Great post!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
YUMMY!!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!