Chocolate Pecan Pie BarsFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- Small amount of vegetable shortening for preparing pan shopping list
- Crust: shopping list
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- ¾ cup light corn syrup shopping list
- ¾ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1½ cups pecans, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare one 13x9x2 inch oblong pan; lightly grease the pan with shortening.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir together until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly into the baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a light golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Prepare filling while crust is baking. In a large bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla; whisk together until thoroughly mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour filling into the still warm baked crust. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is set and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Leave cookie in the pan to cool; place baking pan on wire rack to cool. Cut into 2 inch bars.
- Makes about 3 dozen bars
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
YUM!!!! High 5!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Im going to make these right now you got my 5desertgal in Billings loved it
My goodness, you have some fantastic recipes!m2googee in Tomball loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!