SOUTH OF THE BORDER CHICKEN ROLLSFrom ozsmom 6 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 (7oz) can green chilies; divided shopping list
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 6 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 4 cups tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Butterfly each breast and place between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound to 1/4-inch thickness with meat mallet.
- Put approx 2 tbsp of the chillies and 1 slice of cheese on each breast, leaving a narrow border all around.
- Roll breasts tightly, tucking in the ends.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- In a medium bowl combine bread crumbs, parmesan, chili powder cumin salt and pepper.
- Coat each chicken roll with butter then roll into the crumb mixture Preheat oven to 400F arrange the chicken rolls seam side down in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish and bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Meanwhile in a med-sized saucepan bring the tomato sauce to a simmer over med-low heat, stirring occasionaly.
- To serve remove toothpicks and top each roll with aprox 1 cup of hot tomato sauce poured on top.
The Cookozsmom Nepean, CA
The Rating10 people
I love this! Saving to try.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Sounds so good. Bookmarked this to try this week! Thanks for sharing...five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Good looking recipes!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!