Carrot Fruit CakeFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- 1/2 c Chopped dried apricots (about 2 1/2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 c Chopped dried peaches (about 2 1/2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 c Chopped dried Calimyrna figs (about 2 1/2 ounces) shopping list
- 3 tb bourbon shopping list
- 1 3/4 c Sifted all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 ts baking powder shopping list
- 2 ts ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 ts salt shopping list
- 1/4 ts ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 ts ground allspice shopping list
- 3/4 c pecans, toasted shopping list
- 3 lg eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces, room temperature shopping list
- 2 ts vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 lg carrots, peeled, cut into feed tube lengths shopping list
- 1 tb powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- A moist and tender dessert that will appeal to those who do not enjoy the typical firm and dense fruitcakes. Dried apples, prunes or pears are other delicious ingredients to use in this treat. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325!F. Generously butter 1 2-cup bundt pan. Dust pan with flour.
- Combine chopped fruits and bourbon in medium bowl and let stand 2 hours, stirring occasionally. (Or to microwave: Place fruits and bourbon in 4-cup microwave-safe bowl. Cook uncovered on High until fruit is plumped, about 20 seconds. Stir well.
- Steel Knife: Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and allspice in work bowl. Process to "sift," about 5 seconds. Add pecans and chop nuts coarsely using on/off turns. Transfer to sheet of waxed paper.
- Place eggs, then 1 1/2 cups sugar into work bowl. Process until mixture is thick and light, about 1 minute. Add butter and vanilla. Process until mixture is fluffy, scraping down sides of work bowl as necessary, about 1 minute. Transfer egg mixture to large bowl.
- Shredding Disk: Stand carrot pieces in feed tube. Shred using firm pressure. Mix carrots into dried fruit mixture. Add 1/4 Cup dry ingredients and toss to coat, separating fruit pieces. Stir fruit mixture gently into egg mixture. Fold in remaining dry ingredients.
- Transfer batter to prepared bundt pan. Bake until tester inserted near center of cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Wrap and store at room temperature.) Place cake on platter. Sift powdered sugar over and serve.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating7 people
Husband loves fruit cake. Great instructions!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Sounds superb! High FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
very good post..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it