Dried Spiced Apple SlicesFrom valinkenmore 5 years ago
How to make it
- Wash apples well and dry. Remove cores from apples. You can peel apples but I don't. Slice evenly in 1/8 inch slices. Put immediately into a large bowl filled with cool water and juice from 1 lemon or 2 Tbsp. Fruit Fresh. This keeps the apple slices from turning dark.
- In a small bowl mix sugar and spices. Pour into a clean salt shaker or an empty spice bottle that has been cleaned and dried thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Drain apple slices and blot with paper towels to remove excess water, then lay out on parchment paper and blot again.
- Sprinkle apple slices with sugar-spice mixture. Turn over slices and sprinkle the other side.
- Put cookie sheets in oven and bake for 1-1/2 hours and then turn slices over. Bake another 1-1/2 hours and check for doneness. They should be dry and almost crispy. If not, return to oven and bake until done. Let cool completely and store in airtight container.
- Put on trays in dehrydrator. Dry at 135 degrees for 4-6 hours.
- For gift giving, I put these in clear cellphane bags tied with a pretty holiday ribbon and a pretty gift tag.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating4 people
Look easy and nice! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Like ithungrybear in Miner loved it
Sound so simple and so good!!goodeat in Benton loved it