Hot Pepper JellyFrom je_suis_cindy 4 years ago
How to make it
- Combine chopped peppers and vinegar in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into large pot.
- Add sugar. Heat on medium high and stir until sugar dissolves. Add butter. Bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Certo . Return to a full rolling boil on high. Boil hard for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Skim off foam, if necessary.
- Pour into hot sterilized half pint jars to within 1/4 inch of top. Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. Makes 6-7 half pint jars.
The Cookje_suis_cindy Whereever, CA
The Rating4 people
I made this with Cayenne peppers from the garden, not too hot. Simply delicious, I've been spreading it on my cheddar chive biscuits. Will make great x-mas gifts. YUMtwilightrose in Denver/ Nederland♥ loved it
I lived in Texas and this was a staple. Very good jelly, but we call it Jalapeno Jelly.hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!