Breakfast Sausage MummiesFrom goodeat 7 years ago
How to make it
- On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet of the puff pastry until it's half of its thickness and about double in size.
- Using a pizza wheel or pastry cutter, slice the dough into 1/2 inch wide strips
- Using your finger or a pastry brush, lightly wet one side of each strip with ice water (this will help the pasty strips stick to each other as you roll and bake).
- With the wet side of the dough facing out, wrap a strip of pastry around each sausage in a candy cane pattern. As you get near the top of the sausage, leave a gap in the pastry pattern to make room for the mummy's eyes. If a single pastry strip isn't long enough, just continue with one of the other strips.
- Repeat steps above until you've made all eight mummies.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the mummies with their faces upward on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Leave 1 inch of space between each mummy.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the mummy's bandages are golden brown.
- Remove mummies from the oven and allow them to cool for about 3 minutes.
- To make mummy eyes, dip the tip of a knife or the end of a chopstick into a dab of mustard and carefully dollop tiny eyes in the space you reserved for the face. If you're very gentle and careful, you could also try adding a nose or a mouth.
- These mummies are ghoulishly good on their own or terrifyingly terrific as a side dish. If made as a Halloween party favor, consider serving with additional yellow mustard or a honey mustard sauce for dipping.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating8 people
Look goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Kinda cute!! i would like it!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
These are so cute and I bet they taste so good. I also bet you can't have just one(wink, wink)
High 5.peepers in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!