Cream Cheese And Smoked Salmon BallFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
- 4 - 8 ounces packages of cream cheese, I use the light stuff shopping list
- 4 bunches of green onions, divided (1/2 cup chopped tops) shopping list
- 1 pound smoked salmon, flaked shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce, to taste really shopping list
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, to taste again really shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Set the cream cheese out and let it get to room temperature.
- While that is warming up, clean up the green onions. You want to have green onions to serve with the cheese ball, so you should cut the onions so they have about 3 inch green tops. And make sure they are skinned! These need to be pretty.
- Now take the bet of the tops and chop them up into about 1/8 inch pieces.
- You want about 1/2 cup of chopped tops!
- Toss them into the bowl with the warming up cream cheese.
- Add everything except the onion sticks(?) to the cream cheese.
- Mix the crap out of it!
- Mine always comes out a light brownish color.
- Now have a good sized serving tray ready, and by that I mean cover it with crisp lettuce leaves.
- Make a ball out of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of the tray on a leaf of lettuce.
- Then I place the onions themselves around the ball by pointing the white end at the ball and the green end toward the edge of the plate.
- This gives the look of a flower when it is all done.
- Use what ever you like to spread this on!
- I think it is one of the best cheese balls at our table!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating9 people
I like this. Good ingredients are not cheap and that is why most cheese balls get left behind. This would be really good with Jezabel sauce or Pepper jelly.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Sound yummy enough for a high 5!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
OK. I read it twice & am drooling, but do you mix the salmon in with the cream cheese ball or wrap it around the green onions? I guess, either way it's a 5 so thankx for the fab recipe!jolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it