Carmelized Apple Sauce With Pecans And Golden RaisinsFrom ravenseyes 3 years ago
- 1/3 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 3 Tbsps cognac, brandy or apple juice shopping list
- 2 lbs. apples (any soft cooking apple MacIntosh, peeled and coarsely chopped - a generous 6 cups total) shopping list
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup sugar (depending on the tartness of your apple) shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsps butter, divided shopping list
- 1 Tbsp orange zest shopping list
- 2 tsps. pumpking spice shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup pecans (halved, toasted and coarsely chopped) shopping list
How to make it
- Soak raisins in cognac in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile bring all remaining ingredients except 1tablespoon of the butter and the pecans to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low , simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 20-25 minutes or until apples are very soft.
- Increase heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon butter, cook uncovered for 5-8 minutes or until apples are light brown and carmalized, stirring frequently. Stir in raisins and pecans, cook for 1 minute. Serve warm or cool completely.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating4 people
Sounds rich and yummy! Thanks for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
WOW...great post... will be making this very soon..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
What a wonderful combination.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!