Corned Beef CakesFrom goodeat 7 years ago
- 1 (7 ounce) can corned beef shopping list
- 1 pound sweet potatoes or yams shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups bread crumbs for coating shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Deep fat for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the potatatoes or yams. Wash. then boil them in salted water until tender. Drain and mash.
- Add the milk to the eggs and set aside.
- Add the chopped onions, corned beef, parsley and pepper or cayenne and mix well.
- Add two tablespoons of the egg mixture and mix well.
- Form into flat cakes of desired size. Brush both sides with the egg mixture and coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry in oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating6 people
Love this recipe! Have corned beef in the pantry waiting to try this recipe!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
These "5"FORK!!!!! 'Cakes' sound like
something that my Grandchildren would really
like! I am always on the 'look-out' for
recipes to make for them~
Thank-you for sharing~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Heard of Salmon cakes and crab cakes!, but not Corned Beef!? have to try it sometime! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!