30 Minute Shepherds PieFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 2 pounds potatoes, such as russet, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or softened cream cheese shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream, for a lighter version substitute vegetable or chicken broth shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan shopping list
- 1 3/4 pounds ground beef or ground lamb shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock or broth shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, eyeball it shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, a couple of handfuls shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl.
- Combine sour cream, egg yolk and cream.
- Add the cream mixture into potatoes and mash until potatoes are almost smooth.
- While potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil to hot pan with beef or lamb.
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Brown and crumble meat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- If you are using lamb and the pan is fatty, spoon away some of the drippings.
- Add chopped carrot and onion to the meat.
- Cook veggies with meat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 minutes.
- Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Thicken gravy 1 minute.
- Add gravy to meat and vegetables.
- Stir in peas.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Fill a small rectangular casserole with meat and vegetable mixture.
- Spoon potatoes over meat evenly. Top potatoes with paprika and broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until potatoes are evenly browned.
- Top casserole dish with chopped parsley and serve.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating6 people
Very good pie!! love it!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
WOW SOUNDS WONDERFUL THANK YOUminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Had to give a five forks for this one!!goodeat in Benton loved it