Cranberry Chicken StewFrom mrsc543 7 years ago
- 4 chicken legs, thighs attached shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- 2 celery stacks, sliced 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs red bliss potatoes, washed and quartered shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 cup Ocean Spray fresh or frozen cranberries shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Ocean Spray cranberry juice cocktail shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cinnamon stick shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat an oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, and thoroughly dredge in flour.
- Pour canola oil into the preheated pan and sear chicken legs on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Set the chicken aside and carefully pour off all but 1 Tbsp of the remaining oil.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the onion, carrot, celery, potato, garlic and cranberries. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cranberry juice , red wine, sugar, cinnamon stick and chicken legs to the pan and bring to a simmer. Check for seasoning and add mote salt if needed.
- Remove from stove and make sure the chicken legs are submerged in liquid.
- Cover tightly with an oven-proof lid or aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove for the oven and let rest covered for at least 15 minutes.
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating5 people
A must try fo sur thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds wonderful! Love recipes using cranberries...
5 Forks and thanks for sharing!pinkpasta in Upstate loved it