Sesame Seed WafersFrom conner909 5 years ago
How to make it
- Toast sesame seeds by spreading them on a cookie sheet and roasting them in a 350 degree oven for about 4 minutes.
- They should be watched because they burn easily and quickly.
- Cream butter, add sugar and beat till light and frothy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating constantly.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and combine with butter-sugar
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in vanilla and sesame seeds.
- rop dough by the teaspoon about 2 inches apart on greased cookie
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or till edges are brown.
- To prepare ahead: Bake a few days ahead and store in airtight tin. (Connie used a plastic container and they became soft.She refreshed them in the oven and stored them in the refrigerator. Not as good as same day but acceptable.)
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating6 people
Wow you are on a roll today gf yeah baby !!! go michele go dont give up your weather job though hahahaha
got the pointer stick thats perfect for you lol
ok back to the recipe this sounds good too......thank you .......
hu...moreminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
These sound like Benne Wafers. They have been making these in the South for over a hundred years. They are absolutely wonderful and I am so glad you posted the recipe. Thanks and high 5!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Definitely going to make these!
Thanks... and ^ 5...
=)pinkpasta in Upstate loved it