Vegetable Beef SoupFrom bakermanrooster 6 years ago
- 1 Cup of flour seasoned in a ziplock bag seasonings for flour are. shopping list
- 1 Tbsp of Montreal seasoning shopping list
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder. shopping list
- 1 Tbsp onion powder. shopping list
- Shake well to mix spices with flour. shopping list
- 4 Slices of bacon I like thick cut bacon cut into 1/4 inch pieces. shopping list
- 1 chuck steak 2 pounds I like more, cut into bite size pieces. shopping list
- 2 Cups of can beef broth or beef bouillon granules either works well. shopping list
- 4 Stalks of celery chopped. shopping list
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced into coins. shopping list
- 1 Medium onion diced. shopping list
- 2 or 3 potatoes chopped I like potatoes so I use 3. shopping list
- 1 Heaping tsp. of garlic or less to taste. shopping list
- 2 Heaping tsp. of freshly ground Black pepper. shopping list
- 1 Level tsp of red pepper flakes more or less to taste. shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsps of the seasoned flour after dredging the meat. shopping list
- 1/2 Cup of water. shopping list
- 1 Can of corn.(if in season use 1 to 2 cobs shucked of fresh). shopping list
- 1 Can of stewed tomatoes.(home canned is better if you do that sort of thing). shopping list
- 1 Can of green beans.(1 to 2 cups of fresh if in season). shopping list
- 1 Can of peas.(1 to 2 cups of fresh if in season). shopping list
How to make it
- Start out by frying the bacon in a dutch oven or large pot on medium low heat.
- Once bacon is crisp dab off grease with paper towels set aside.
- Drain some of the grease out of the dutch oven if there is a lot.
- Put floured meat in dutch oven and semi brown it.
- Add 2 cans of Beef broth or Bouillon granules in 2 cups of hot water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then add vegetables bring back to a boil and boil till vegetables are tender or hot if using canned.
- While you are waiting on the vegetables mix the seasoned 2 1/2 tsps of flour with the 1/2 cup of water mix well.
- Once vegetables are hot or tender add flour and water mixture and stir well bring back to a boil.
- Get you a big bowl and a baguette and let your mouth enjoy.
The Cookbakermanrooster Wichita, KS
The Rating6 people
I was looking for a good vegebeef soup. This one looks really good. I will try it asap!michellem in Idaho loved it
mm, sounds perfect for cold weather!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
This is gonna get your recipes five forks!! love it!goodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!