Orange And Chunksa Dark Chocolate Pound CakeFrom jolielives 4 years ago
- 1 3/4 Cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 Cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup butter (Room Temp.) shopping list
- 2 eggs (Prebeaten) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 Cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons Grand Manier (Optional. If you omit then add 1 more Tablespoon Zest) shopping list
- 1 Large dark chocolate Bar (Cut into big chunks. Save the dust for the top) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat Oven to 375.
- Grease & flour a 9X5 Bread Pan even if it's nonstick
- In a large Bowl mix the Flour into the softened Butter.
- Add in Sugar, Eggs, Baking Powder & mix.
- Then add in the Vanilla, Orange Juice, Zest & Grand Manier & mix.
- If using an electric beater then mix on low for 1 minute & then for 1 1/2-2 minutes on medium.
- if mixing by hand then beat mixture for 4 minutes & 1 minute as hard as you can.
- Pour 1/2 batter into prepared Bread Pan.
- Cover the Batter in Bread Pan with Dark Chocolate chunks.
- Pour in remaining batter & sprinkle the Chocolate Dust over the top of the Bread batter.
- Put in oven
- At 25 Minutes stick a knife into the center of the Pound Cake. If the knife comes out clean then it's done. If the knife isn't clean continue to bake, checking at 5 minute intervals.
- When done, remove from oven & allow it to stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, slice yourself a couple of slices & get out of the way of anyone else in the house.
- Do not expect any leftovers.
The Cookjolielives The Catskill Plateau , NY
The Rating2 people
This sounds absolutely SUPERB, and HIGH FIVE to you, dear! Can't wait to see the piccie.
BTW, when are you serving it? May I have a piece please? !!!!!!!chefelaine in Muskoka loved it