Layered Spice Cake - DiabeticFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 ½ cups sugar substitute ( Splenda or Equivalent ) shopping list
- 1 cup raisins, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- ¾ cup margarine or butter, cubed shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground allspice shopping list
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated or egg beaters ( whites and egg substitute measured for 4 eggs ) shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp. Low sodium salt shopping list
- ¼ baking soda shopping list
- ¾ chopped pecans shopping list
- Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 1 package ( 8-oz ) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- ¼ cup margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar substitute ( Recipe Follows ) shopping list
- Additional chopped pecans, optional shopping list
- confectioners' sugar substitute Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups non-fat dry milk shopping list
- 2 cups corn starch shopping list
- 1 cup Splenda granular ( sugar substitute ) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 325.
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar substitute is dissolved. Removed from the heat; cool.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks or substitute; gradually stir in spice mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda; gradually add to spice mixture until blended. Stir in pecans. In a small bowl, beat egg whites or white substitute until soft peaks form; fold into the batter.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-inch round pans. Bake at 325 for 35 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Confectioners Sugar Substitute:
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender.
- On Whip; whip until blended, occasionally stopping to stir up, blend until powdered.
- For the frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and margarine until fluffy. Add vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar substitute until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Garnish with pecans if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving size: 1 piece
- Calories per serving: 280, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 58mg, Soduim: 195mg, Carbohydrate: 36g
- Note: This is my recipe
- I have taken this Layered spice cake recipe an totaly converted it to a diabetic friendly one.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
Very good!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
I could sink my teeth in that photos of the cake!! yummy! five forkeygoodeat in Benton loved it
this isa layered delight luv spice cakes high5 Ed for suremomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it