FRIED MEAT PIESFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 T bacon or salt pork drippings shopping list
- 1 10-1/2 can broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon each thyme and oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 T flour shopping list
- 2 T red wine shopping list
- Pastry for two crust pie shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the pie crust in advance and refrigerate. Allow to come to room temperature for 20 minutes before attempting to roll out. Or use prepared pie dough.
- Saute the onion in bacon drippings (you can substitute olive oil if you're watching your cholesterol).
- Add ground beef and cook until lightly browned. Add thinly sliced (or chopped) garlic and other herbs and wine. Sprinkle with flour (Wondra flour works well here). Add broth and simmer 10 minutes. Add the chopped egg and allow mixture to cool.
- Roll pie dough out into 6 inch circles. Put 3 Tablespoons of the meat mixture onto one side of the circle, fold pastry over the meat and pinch sides together forming a half circle. Moisten the edges of the dough before sealing with a little water. Fry the turnovers in deep shortening or salad oil heated to 360 degrees a few at a time for about 3 minutes until golden. Add a little water to the remaining meat mixture. Heat and stir until a sauce-like consistency and serve over the pies.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
i would make this, minus the eggs. yum!choclytcandy in loved it
And last but not least,the fried meat pies!! "Where's my magic wand?!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Love fried pieshungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!