Real Life LasagnaFrom laurieg 6 years ago
- 8 ounces of lasagna noodles (for 4 cups broken) shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- olive oil or cooking spray - I used olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped - I subbed frozen chopped onion shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning - I used a blend of oregano,basil, pepper & garlic salt because I didn't have any pre-blend shopping list
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chopped or diced tomatos- I used one 28 ounce can shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste (6ounce) shopping list
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese shopping list
- 2 cups already shredded mozerella cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- firmly whack the noodle box on the counter 10 times to brake the noodles into pieces. Place broken noodles into already boiling water.
- spray a 12 inch skillet ( I used a CI) with cooking spray or use olive oil add choped onion and cook over medium heat.
- add ground beef and cook until brown and crumbled
- add garlic and seasonings and cook until completely brown.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice and tomato paste. Stir well and cover skillet reduce heat to low. ( didn't have a cover for my CI so I skipped this ) about 2 minutes
- drain cooked noodles and add to mixture, add cottage cheese and 1 cup of the mozzerella cheese. stirring well and smooth mixture evenly in the skillet. Top with the remaining mozzerella cheese and cover for 2 minutes until cheese is melted. I didn't have a cover to I put the whole pan in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese was melted.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cooklaurieg Wilmington, MA
The Rating5 people
Very good, thanks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
Great recipe! We actually prefer cottage cheese to ricotta, so this is perfect!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it