Pear Cranberry CakeFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- • 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- • 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- • 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- • 4 large eggs shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- • 3 bosc pears (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 3/4-inch pieces shopping list
- • 1 cup cranberries (thawed if frozen) shopping list
- For glaze: shopping list
- • 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon light corn syrup shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- • 2 (3-inch-long) cinnamon sticks shopping list
- • Equipment: a 10-by 4-inch angel food cake pan or a 15- cup Bundt pan shopping list
How to make it
- Make cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Butter cake pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined well.
- At low speed, mix in pears and cranberries, then mix in flour mixture until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan 30 minutes, then turn out onto a rack and cool completely
- Make glaze:
- Bring cream, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, cinnamon sticks, and a pinch of salt to a boil in a small heavy saucepan, stirring occasionally, then simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Cool glaze 5 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon sticks, then pour glaze over cake, letting some drip down sides.
- Cooks' notes: •Cake, without glaze, can be made 1 day ahead and kept at room temperature.
- •Cake can be glazed 3 hours ahead.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
Looks great.m2googee in Tomball loved it
Helping me have some ideas here peeta. Bookmarked, 5ved & Hmmm;-)
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
What a wonderful recipe! I love it, love recipes for the 15 cup bundt pan. I have one, and the cakes are tall and beautiful! Thanks, peeta.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!