Old Fashioned Date ConfectionFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the sugar, milk and butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Stirring occasionally, cook over medium heat to soft ball stage (238°F on candy thermometer).
- Stir the dates and pecans into the syrup and continue cooking until dates are dissolved and mixture reaches firm ball stage (248°F on candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour mixture out onto clean, damp dishtowels or tea towels and shape into 2-inch diameter rolls.
- Chill until firm.
- Slice in half-inch slices.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Thanks for the delicious post. Love, love dates. Can't wait to try this one. Just in time for the holidays!
Thanks Midge and have a great weekend.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
ooohhhhh yum...five forks!!peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
This is awesome...haven't had it in years, but it's SOOO good....thanks for a very nice reminder! ^5
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Sweet Tooth447 members
Gifts And Mixes228 members
Family Favorites141 members
Christmas Candy166 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Nuts And More Nuts52 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
A Candy Jar95 members
Made With Tropical Fruits18 members