Warm Caramel Apple CakeFrom gagagrits 5 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 large cooking apples, apples, peeled and cored and thinly sliced (about 2 1/3 cups) shopping list
- 1 box supermoist yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 2/3 cup Betty Crocker whipped fluffy white frosting (from 13-oz container) shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping caramel topping, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 350 F. In 1-quart heavy saucepan, cook butter whipping cream and brown sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally just until butter is melted. Line your pan with parchment paper or treated non stick aluminum foil. I still treat paper or foil, for easy clean-up Pour into 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle with pecans; top with sliced apples.
- 2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and apple pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Carefully spoon batter over apple mixture
- 3. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from pan. Place heatproof serving platter upside down on pan carefully turn platter and pan over. Let pan remain over cake about 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over cake. remove pan.
- 4. In small bowl, mix frosting and whipped topping. Serve warm cake topped with frosting mixture and drizzled with caramel topping.
- Bake 350 F for 40-45 minutes
- High altitude(3500-6500 ft); Bake 45 to 50 minutes
The Cookgagagrits Irmo, SC
The Rating7 people
This sounds awesome. I think I need to find a place for this on the Thanksgiving desert table. A drooling 5 from me.bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
Mmmmm yeah!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Nice! wife and I and the kids went apple picking a few back and have 2 big bags of apples. I know what is on the plans for this weekend. thanks! ^5doubled in Upstate loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!