Pulled Pork Sandwich with Jack and Cola BBQ SauceFrom goodeat 7 years ago
- 5 to 6 pounds boneless center cut pork loin or pork shoulder (remove shoulder back fat), sliced in half at its widest shopping list
- . shopping list
- For the Marinade: shopping list
- 4 cups cola, Dr pepper, black cherry soda, or root beer shopping list
- 1 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 12 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons celery salt shopping list
- . shopping list
- For the Jack and Coke BBQ Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2/3 cup cola shopping list
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey shopping list
- 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce, or other hot sauce of your choice shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- Goya adobo seasoning or kosher salt, to taste shopping list
- 6 kaiser rolls shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cola, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, garlic, Tabasco sauce, and celery salt in a bowl, pan, or pot large enough to hold all the pork. Add the pork, turning to be sure it is well coated, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the ketchup, cola, whiskey, hot sauce, honey, soy sauce, and adobo seasoning or salt to make the barbecue sauce.
- Place the marinated meat in a roasting pan. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and cook the pork in the preheated oven for 1-1/2 hours.
- Pour off 2/3 of the liquid in the pan and spread the meat with the barbecue sauce and return it to the oven, uncovered, for another 1-1/2 hours. When the pork is done, it will shred easily with a fork. Test it, and if it's still a bit difficult to shred, return it to the oven for another 15 minutes and try again.
- When the meat is done, remove it from the oven and shred it with a fork. Slice the rolls in half, pile on the pork, and serve with creamy coleslaw.
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating8 people
Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum.
Oh to be in the South again & drive to a hole in the wall for the worlds best BBQ.
Must say though, this sounds amazing. 5 Forks & Bookmarked. Thank you for getting Dr Pepper back onto my shopping list.
Jo & Le...morejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
This sounds wonderful. I love pulled pork and will certainly try this recipe.cayennekitchen in Longmont loved it
Man oh man! I want this sandwhich A.S.A.P.!!!!! I just ate some oatmeal w/apple and cinnamon good stuff, but I WANT This DELISH sandwhich:) HIGH 5!!!!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!