Healthy Clucking Soup With FlaxseedsFrom jolielives 7 years ago
- Large Soup Pot & A Deep Dish Skillet shopping list
- 3 Bone-In, Skin On chicken breasts shopping list
- 7-8 carrots (Washed & sliced to about 3/4" thick) shopping list
- 2 Medium to Large onions (Peel skin off & large Dice) shopping list
- 1 Head of garlic (Clean off outer covering & thick slice the larger cloves) shopping list
- 4 small potatoes (Washed & cut horizontally in 1/2, then same way into 1/4's, then large dice) shopping list
- 8 Ounces fresh green beans (Washed & sliced into bite sized pieces) shopping list
- 3/4 Cup Whole flax seeds shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons thyme shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sage shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sea salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Coarse ground black pepper shopping list
- About 4 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- You do not have to do this step. I do this because I want my Chicken to be free of the effluence it gains during the butchering process.
- I put my rinsed Chicken in a Large Pot, Cover with Water & Parboil for 5 minutes on High.
- Put Chicken into a Bowl, Dump dirty water & wash out cooking pot. (I use soap)
- Place Parboiled Chicken back into clean pot & pour Water to 2/3rds up the side of pot.
- Turn Heat onto Medium.
- The Bay Leaves, some Salt & the large Diced Potatoes, stir & cover loosely.
- Pour Olive Oil into the Deep Skillet & allow it to get hot over Medium High Heat
- Put the large Diced Onions, more Salt, all Pepper, some Thyme & some Sage in & stir.
- This will cook quickly, so keep your eye on it & stir often. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Put in the sliced large & whole small Garlic Cloves & stir. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put in the rest of the Thyme, Sage & Salt.
- Then put the Carrots in for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the bite sized String or Green Beans & stir for about 1 more minute. Take off Heat.
- Slowly add the sauted Ingredients to the Chicken & Water ect Pot.
- Get everything from the saute pan into the Chicken Pot.
- Add the 3/4 Cup Flax seeds to the Chicken Pot & stir.
- Reduce Heat to Medium/Medium Low, stirring occasionally.
- I cooked mine for a little over an hour or until the chicken falls off the bone
- Serve with a loaf of Muligrain Bread, Cheese & Butter & a Salad.
- Enjoy this with people you care for.
- NOTE: FLAXSEEDS ARE THE VEGETARIAN'S OMEGA 3 fatty acids. I added the Flax Seeds because Flax Seeds help; Arthritis, Digestive Problems, Joint Pain, Skin Conditions, Nosebleeds & ease the formation of Cysts in Breasts as well as decreasing the inflammatory process, thereby helping the Liver cleanse our Systems more easily.
- TRYING TO DOWNLOAD PHOTOS.
The Cookjolielives The Catskill Plateau , NY
The Rating6 people
HELLO!:) WOOF to Jo, jack, and Paris Rio right? Lee, This sounds so good!!! Flax seed! WOW!!! What this helps with is everything that is temporarily is ailing me! I'm trying wheat germ in my oatmeal, I think I'm gonna add some flax seed to it to! Ya'...moresnowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
I have read when you eat whole flax seed, you gain no benefit because they need to be ground or
crushed somehow. I use a coffee grinder.
I am trying the recipe on Saturday when the kids come over, but I will grind about 1/4 cup because thes...morecorriee in kyle loved it
Very good!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it