Pumpkin Whoopie PiesFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- For the pies: shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin purée shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-2/3 cups flour shopping list
- For the filling: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- a few pinches salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with whisk attachment, mix together butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, pumpkin purée, spices, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a spatula, fold in flour.
- With an ice-cream scoop, drop 6 generous mounds of batter, spaced evenly, onto each of the two baking sheets.
- Bake until springy to the touch, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or electric beater, cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Add vanilla, maple syrup, powdered sugar, and salt.
- Mix on low speed until blended; then beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the flat sides of 6 cakes with cream-cheese frosting. Top each with another cake.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Cakes Of Any Type141 members
A Pumpkin Patch27 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere48 members
Easy And Delicious86 members