Sour Cream And Onion DipFrom pleclare 7 years ago
How to make it
- Line med. sieve set over deep bowl with basket-style coffee filter or paper towel. Spoon yogurt into filter;cover and refrigerate 25 mins.Discard liquid in bowl.
- Meanwhile,in 12" skillet,heat oilon med. until hot. Add onion,sugar,1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp finely ground black pepper. Cook 15 to 17 mins. or till dark golden brown,stirring onions occasionaly.
- Line plate with double thickness of paper towels. With slotted spoon transfer onions to plate to drain further and cool.(Onions will crisp slightly as they cool,and a few may stick to paper towel.)
- In medium bowl,combine sour cream,strained yogurt and onions. Stir well. Cover,and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 3 days. (Dip is best when refrigeraed for a day,flavors develop more fully.)Garnish with chives and serve with veggie crudites.
- 2 Tbs contain about 45 calories,1 gram saturated fat,55 mg. of sodium
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating9 people
AWESOME!!! This is going with me for Thanksgiving at the folks!!:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Love thishungrybear in Miner loved it