GRILLED VENISON BACKSTRAP or TENDERLOINFrom gator19 6 years ago
- 1 whole venison backstrap cut in half. shopping list
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves diced shopping list
- 1 onion sliced shopping list
- 1 bell pepper cut into strips shopping list
- 4 to 6 strips of bacon shopping list
- 1 bottle of Italian dressing shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- toothpicks shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet sauté onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil till they are tender. Set aside to cool.
- Make sure venison is clean, take a knife horizontally and butterfly each half of the backstrap but do not cut all the way through. Take the vegetables and place them on one side of the open meat, salt and pepper, then fold closed with the other side. Do the same for the other half of backstrap. Now take the bacon strips and wrap each piece of backstrap and secure with toothpicks. The idea here is for the bacon to hold the meat together so the veggies will not fall out during cooking. (Note: presoaking toothpicks in water will prevent them from burning as fast on the grill)
- Once this is complete place each piece of meat in a dish and pour Italian dressing over them. Marinate for at a minimum of 1 hour and rotate often.
- Get grill good and hot, place meat grill and cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the meat. The preferred way to cook this is medium rare. DO NOT OVER COOK!!!!!!!!!!!! Over cooked venison is DRY and will not be good.
The Cookgator19 Tallahassee, FL
The Rating3 people
Love this thanks.
Vickievictoriaregina in USA loved it
This is so kool to have these recipes out here. In my younger days I hunted. My first deer was a 7 point buck. I got lucky and killed him with one shot. But alas never again did I do that. Now my hands, hips and legs hurt way to much to stay ou...moretuilelaith in Columbia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!