Almond Chocolate Ice CreamFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
How to make it
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot but not boiling water.
- Gradually whisk in milk and heat stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar a little at a time then continue whisking until completely blended about 1 minute.
- Add cream, vanilla and salt then whisk to blend.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cream mixture and blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold about 3 hours.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream freezer and freeze according to instructions.
- During the last 2 minutes of freezing add almonds.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
OKAY, 10 lbs, and sweet tooth later... Another HIGH FIVE for this and the chocolate applesauce cake recipes!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
The weather just got cold after a perfect Indian Summer day & I'm sitting here shivering & yet, I find myself wishing I had a honking big bowl of this Ice Cream.
I've Bookmarked & 5ved & added it to Fantasy Meals as this is another purrfect Dess...morejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
I love chocolate and almonds together. In icecream they are heaven on earth!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!