Easy Cream Of Mushroom SoupFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb mushrooms ( variety of choice and chopped to include stems and caps) shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine shopping list
- 4 Tbs. flour shopping list
- 6 cups of chicken, beef or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- salt, pepper to taste shopping list
- dash of nutmeg if desired shopping list
- dash of sherry if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Melt butter in pot and sauté mushrooms over medium high heat 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sir in flour to make a pasty mixture.
- Gradually stir in hot liquid, whisking constantly until mixture gets thickened.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Sir in sherry if desired.
- Stir in cream last.
- Sprinkle soup with parsley if desired.
- Serves 4 to 6
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Whole lot better than can varitety thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
sounds so good... love cream of mushroom soup..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Love that it can be frozen. That makes it easy to use in recipes. It's just what I was looking for- Much Thanks!!lovethedepp in Central loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Quick N Easy123 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Family Favorites141 members
Mad About Mushrooms94 members
Soup Is Good Food61 members
I Love SOUP98 members
Stovetop Cooking12 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members