Pineapple Meringue PieFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- Meringue: shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy saucepan or the top of a double boiler, combine the cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Stir in the egg yolks over low heat and continue cooking until the mixture is thick and clear.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the pineapple to simmering.
- Add to the cornstarch mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- To make the meringue, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and beat until frothy.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating until glossy peaks form when you lift the beater.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Pile on the meringue, spreading to touch the edge of the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack for 1 hour.
- Then chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- This is best served the day it is made.
- If you prefer not to make a meringue with raw egg whites, substitute whipped cream for the egg white topping.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Pipe sweetened whipped cream onto the pie just before serving.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
luv this recipe thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wow - I was thinking about some type of pineapple pie to bake....sounds perfect! Thanks!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
great post.. five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
A Fruity World45 members
Pies Pies Everywhere Is Pies45 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members
Easy And Delicious86 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members