Loaded Twice-Baked PotatoesFrom warsawnan 4 years ago
- 3 lg. baking potatoes shopping list
- shortening OR veg. oil shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 9 slices thick-cut bacon shopping list
- 5 oz. sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 T. butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 c. sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub shortening all over potatoes, or roll in vegetable oil; then roll potatoes in kosher salt and place in your baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 400-degree oven until tender, 1 to 1-1/2 hours depending on the size of your spuds. Remove from oven and cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, cook the bacon until crispy, drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- Slice off the top of each potato and carefully scoop out the center with a spoon.
- Place scooped-out bits in bowl and mash just to break up. Stir in remaining ingredients, EXCEPT the bacon.
- Spoon the potato mixture back into the potato skins in your baking dish.
- All of the above you can do ahead of time, and at this point you can refrigerate (or wrap and freeze) the stuffed potatoes until ready to use.
- Bake your stuffed potatoes at 350-degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and push broken, crisp bacon into potatoes; place under broiler for a couple of minutes.