CHEESY POTATO BREAD - DIABETIC FRIENDLYFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 packages ( ¼ -oz each ) active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 Tbs. sugar shopping list
- ½ cup warm water temp. ( 110 to 115 ) shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half cream shopping list
- 5 Tbs. butter, melted, divided shopping list
- 1 Tbs. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 5 ½ to 6 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups finely shredded peeled potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup ( 4-oz ) shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 400.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add cream, 3 tablespoons butter, salt, cayenne pepper and 2 ½ cups flour; beat on
- medium for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. ( Dough will feel slightly sticky.) Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down. Pat into a 1/2-inch thick rectangle. Sprinkle cheese evenly over dough. Fold dough over the cheese and knead into dough. Shape into two round loaves; place in greased 9-inch round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Cut an X on top of each loaf; brush with remaining butter. Bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
- Diabetic Friendly:
- Nutrition Facts: 1 Serving 1 slice
- Calories per serving: 128, Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 12mg, Sodium: 265mg, Carbohydrate: 20g
People Who Like This Dish 3
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
Sounds great Ed but everytime I make yeast bread - my husband uses it for a boat anchor - lol! But I'm envious for anyone that can make it.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Sound goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
great bread and post thanks Ed.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Bake Sale126 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb121 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Quick And Easy25 members