Alton Brown Spice PecansFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground orange peel shopping list
- 1 pound pecan halves shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
How to make it
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the salt, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon and orange peel together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the nuts in a 10-inch cast iron skillet and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes until they just start to brown and smell toasted. Add the butter and stir until it melts. Add the spice mixture and stir to combine. Once combined, add both sugars and water, stirring until the mixture thickens and coats the nuts, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the nuts to the prepared sheetpan and separate them with a fork or spatula. Allow the nuts to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container for storage. Can be stored up to 3 weeks.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating8 people
Goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Love spiced nuts, I think the orange zest will add a nice brightness to this. 5 from mebobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
sounds good to me too...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it