Crockpot Chicken Chow MeinFrom hungrybear 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1" chunks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of oil shopping list
- 4 stalks of celery chopped shopping list
- 4 carrots chopped shopping list
- 4 green onions chopped shopping list
- 1 cup of chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 8 ounces bean sprouts shopping list
- 8 ounces water chestnuts sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet brown the chicken in the oil....the step can be skipped
- if you don't have the time...Put browned chicken in the crockpot,
- all all ingredients except cornstarch and water. Stir, cover and
- cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Before serving turn the crockpot
- to HIGH . Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring
- until dissolved. Stir into the crockpot liquids.Keeping cover
- slightly ajar to allow steam to escape, cook until thickened...
- 15-30 minutes. Serve over rich or chow mein noodles.
- May be doubled for 5 qt. crockpots.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating11 people
Awsome post! luv chow mein. great ingredient combo. thanks Hungrybearmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yummy!! Bk'd sv'd for the week ahead! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Yes, this does sound great...definitely bookmarked...^5, and thank you...
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!