Split Pea SoupFrom nancerose 6 years ago
- 1 cup dry split peas shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 to 1/2 pounds smoked pork hocks or one 1- to 1 1/2 pound meaty ham bone shopping list
- 1 tsp dried majoram, crushed shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse peas. In a large saucepan combine peas, broth, meat, majoram, bay leaf, and dash pepper. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover, simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Remove meat. When cool enough to cool to handle, cut meat off bone and coarsely chop. Discard bone. Return meat to saucepan. Stir in carrot, celery and onion. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or till vegetables are crisp tender. Discard bay leaf. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!