Spiced Yogurt Cheese BallsFrom valinkenmore 7 years ago
- 32 ounces plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- Chopped parsley shopping list
- Chopped chives shopping list
- Chopped nuts shopping list
- poppy seeds shopping list
- caraway seeds shopping list
How to make it
- MAKE THE CHEESE: Line a strainer with a double thickness of cheesecloth and set it over a large bowl. Place the yogurt, salt, and curry powder and cayenne, if using, in a large bowl and stir to combine. Transfer the yogurt to the strainer, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let the liquid strain off into a bowl placed beneath it in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Cover a large plate with several thicknesses (about 6 to 8) of toweling and transfer the strained yogurt to the prepared plate. Cover lightly with plastic and let sit, refrigerated, for 4 to 6 hours.
- MAKE THE CHEESE BALLS: Scrape the yogurt from the towel into a medium-size bowl. Serve in a bowl with assorted crackers and breads or shape tablespoonfuls of the cheese into balls. If desired, garnish the cheese balls with chopped nuts, seeds (such as poppy or caraway), or a light sprinkling of spice like paprika or cinnamon. Store refrigerated and tightly covered for up to 3 days.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating6 people
i always enjoy a recipe that allows so many variations. Thanks, my mind is whirling with different ideas. Have a good one.tablescape in loved it
Sound good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Those are great looking i love cheese balls !!!
yum and so pretty too thank u
these will be a big hit for sure !!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it