fried quesadillas with a twistFrom latinfoodie 5 years ago
- tortilla prep- shopping list
- 4 1/4 cup of masa harina (maseca in white bag) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups of water (just till dough is not sticky and not to dry, must be able to squeeze together and hold its form) shopping list
- about 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- tortilla press shopping list
- 1 block of monterey jack cheese shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- shredded lettuce, shopping list
- fresh or blended salsa shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- avocado shopping list
How to make it
- in a large bowl, mix together, masa, salt, and enough water to form dough...dough shouldnt be too sticky..knead dough for a little bit, and form into golf ball sized balls. then I use a mexican corn tortilla press, and to keep the dough from sticking, i like to use an opened zip lock bag, i just cut it open except for the bottom of the bag, and lay it in the press, one side of the bag on the bottom, then tortila dough then the other side of the bag on top...press gently with press to form tortilla....gently remove tortilla off of ziplock bag, and set aside. continue with the rest of the tortilla balls....
- Heat a shallow pan with about 1 1/2 inches of oil....add cheese to one side of tortilla and fold over like a calzone, and fold in edges to seal...repeat with all....once oil is hot fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels...Top with lettuce, salsa, sour cream and avocados!!!mmmmm enjoy! these are addicting!
The Cooklatinfoodie Somewhere, Dreamland
The Rating3 people
Love this!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Thanks so much for this recipe. Mmm I love the idea of slipping avocado in. Have you made the tortillas without a press? I thought I might give it a whirl. Love a challenge.tablescape in loved it
Love it & I like your idea with the ziplock bag. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!