Merediths Apple Pie On The Today ShowFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- apples - any combination but Granny Smith and Macs are preferred , amount not specified, I would assume the amt for average pie ( 6 to 8 apples ) shopping list
- egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 C sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice (or allspice, cinnamon, mace) shopping list
- butter shopping list
- egg yolks shopping list
- Prepared pie crust shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pie crust, put in pie plate.
- Brush crust with a beaten egg white and set aside.
- Peel and cut up apples in chunks and fill up crust.
- Put sugar, and apple pie spice on top of apples.
- Put one pat of butter, cut into 4 pieces, on
- top of apples
- Put crust on top.
- Take egg yokes with a little bit of milk & brush on top.
- Cut slits in crust.
- Bake 10 min at 400 degrees and 30 minutes at 350.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
nice reicpe too!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Luv the quick and easy yummy thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Martha's recipe looks more appealing to me. I've made my own for years, but will have to try some others and keep an open mind. Thanks for both. The fun is in the search for the best.tablescape in loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Fall Dishes39 members
Five Or Fewer179 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Pass Down Recipes311 members
Family Favorites138 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice76 members
An Apple A Day30 members