Italian Wedding SoupFrom cougarwoman 6 years ago
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced onion shopping list
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and thinly sliced,kale can be used here shopping list
- 1 cup seashell pasta(I use traditional ACINI DE PEPE..better in my book) shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced carrots shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggs,add breadcrumbs,onions,basil,parm cheese,beef
- Let set up while
- dice carrots,celery,finely cut kale
- Add 21/2 Qts chicken stock to large pot.add carrots and celery. If kale is fresh and you like it well done add it now, if frozen add it at end.
- Bring to boil,reduce heat and add frape sized meatballs to this pot
- add Pastina(small round pasta,teeny-tiny) Stie gently
- Cook gently for an hour or so until pasta,carrots and kale are desired doneness.
- Made this last night added 1/2 C more Pastina and have deemed this mmmmm and will be a freezer staple for everything..Espicially COMFORT!!
The Cookcougarwoman Elyria, OH
The Rating4 people
I just love this soup...this sounds like an excellent recipe for it - thanks so much for sharing...^5!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I had an Italian neighbor that made this soup when I was in school. I'll give it a try.
TerryRterryr in Vallejo loved it
thank you!! this doesn't look so labor intensive!! and I do love soup!!ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!